|The Enterprise Heritage Center Project
In October of 1936, The Volusia County Board of Public Instruction awarded the contract for construction of the new school building at Benson Springs, Which was to become the Enterprise Elementary school and ultimately the Enterprise Heritage Center. In 2004, after 68 years in service, the school board voted to demolish the structure to make room for more modern buildings. Instead, the members of the Enterprise Preservation Society (EPS) were given the opportunity to save this historic structure. Through the generous gift of Sandra and Roy Walters, EPS was able to obtain the 1.5 acre property at 360 Main Street and use it as match for a Volusia Echo grant that was used to move the building. Once moved, EPS began the long process of preparing the site and renovating the building. This photo gallery is a record of these renovations.
For more up-to-the-minute details, join us on Facebook